Just twenty miles north of the modern metropolis of Charlotte is the historic campus of Davidson College. Established in 1837 by the Presbyterian Church, the prestigious “Southern Ivy League” institution is dedicated to the creativity of the individual, and fosters a lifetime commitment to integrity.
Two hundred year old Oaks frame the oldest part of campus. Unlike most other Southern schools, 95% of the student body lives on campus.
Melodious chimes tell the students when classes are over, and the campus suddenly is alive with activity.
Philanthropic Hall, constructed in 1850, was named for one of the first two student societies founded at the college, which still meets today.
Keeping with the Greek style of the older buildings, the Cunningham Theater Center sits at the crest of the old part of campus.